30.7.10

calcium content

for jacqui, for me, for you?
french cotton, vintage brass & gifted treasures

My friends Jacqui and Blair were lucky enough to go to Costa Rica this winter, where, among other things, they dug a cave in a sandstone cliff with their bare hands! Well, almost... Blair brought back lots of treasures, which he was kind enough to share with me. I decided to make a summer series of shell necklaces, one of which I gave to Jacqui, one I kept for myself and one you just might be getting for Christmas! The shells are threaded onto 30 inches of french cotton (coral and natural cotton colour) and accented with a single vintage faceted brass bead. The closure is one of my favourite things about these necklaces, so delicate. Now to figure out what to make for Blair! Happy long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!