22.10.10

weekend worship

forestflight

This post arrives a little early so that I can let you know about a few things going on in Vancouver this weekend. I feel so lucky to live in Vancouver most of the year, but especially in autumn. Many of the trees here turn every shade of yellow, orange, red, and magenta, but just as many (if not more) stay green year round. We have huge beautiful parks right in the city, and mountains right there when we need them. I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but trust me, all is not perfect in Vancouver. I heard on the radio today that the average price of a home here is over $600,000! That's crazy! And I'm pretty sure the going price for a burger in this city is about $15. So, we pay wild amounts to live in such a beautiful place, but sometimes when I'm out on a fall walk through Stanley Park, or at the beach in January, or at a pumpkin patch in Richmond I realize it might just be worth it...not that I own a house or eat $15 burgers. Do you have any plans to get outside this weekend?

stanleypark

twohorses


Outdoor fun: The Stanley Park Ghost Train (and haunted barnyard! zonkeys! ghoats!)
Indoor fun: The Fraser Valley Bead Show
Shop local fun: 15% off sample sale (including all Sadie things!) at Two of Hearts on Main St.
Eat local fun:
Pumpkin picking in Richmond
Looking forward to Portland: A Weather - Spiders, Snakes

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. please, i want to go to haunted barnyard.
    no fair.
    you better go for me.
    with pictures.
    love, camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghost Train ride and haunted barnyard -- check. The best part was a llama named Pookie who had haunted teeth. Also, Bunniculas galore! And the train ride is actually pretty sweet. I highly recommend this activity, but get tickets in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!