9.4.11

the doughnut hike


If you were to tell me that you were coming to Vancouver for one day, I might suggest a day like the one I had today. Good coffee, good weather, good friends, and having that crazy presentation behind me made for an amazing day. (The presentation went well, thank you all for your well wishes and questions about what I'm working on for my graduate project!) Having been so busy with school these last two weeks (and so sleep deprived) I had some simple goals for this weekend and I'm happy to say I've achieved them all. They were:
  1. Go for a walk in the woods.
  2. Look at the ocean from a cliff.
  3. Eat a doughnut.
Today Jeff and I met up with a bunch of our friends in Deep Cove (after a great coffee and breakfast with my parents, who surprised me with a visit this weekend) to do the doughnut hike. This hike is fast becoming a tradition. Once you've gone once it's guaranteed you'll take your friends and family there when they come to visit because it's quick, pretty easy, beautiful, and there's a doughnut shop at the end! I've been with many of my friends, and we've all gone back plenty of times.

Here's our day, mostly the doughnut hike, in pictures. Note that my friends have awesome cameras, that it's important to wear the proper hiking footwear, and that our west coast world is so green green green this time of year. Thank goodness for days like today.












Weekend deliciousness provided by:

Macchiato from The Wilder Snail
Easter goodies by Notte's BonTon
Doughnuts by Honey Doughnuts

Don't forget to enter the Sadie giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Fun AND yummy! :) I did that hike with a friend last summer & keep meaning to go back. It's a nice one & my pup Josie had a great time. I have never been to Honey's, which seems kind of ridiculous! I want to take my friend from Portland to Quarry Rock the next time she's here, so maybe we'll grab donuts after :)
    Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a genius idea, putting a doughnut shop at the end of a hike. Talk about incentive!
    If I ever make it up to Vancouver one day, and hopefully I will, I will definitely do all of those things!!
    Everything looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy weekend you had! Love your little place. I'll be back to see what you are up to. Thanks so much for dropping by my place!
    Blessings
    Campbelljane

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's hilarious! i love it and have done this exact day before, a couple times in fact b/c it was so worth repeating! Honey's donuts are epic & mouthwatering.

    good news about the presentation, school must almost be done for you now, congrats!

    thanks so much for your comment the other day, i know exactly what you mean about time and visiting allowances. plus just life happenstances but was glad for the reminder to come by and see what's going on for you. it's been a good day to catch up. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!