27.8.11

remembering jack layton

jack layton moustache at the shrine

I know that a lot of Canadians are thinking about Jack Layton and his legacy today. How strange that we were just watching him on the campaign trail a few short months ago. I wanted to share the excerpt from his final letter to Canadians here as a tribute to him and to the positive impact that he had on our country and our political process. How amazing that in his final days he took the time to pen a letter to Canadians, NDP supporters and detractors alike, to share his hope and vision for our future. Thank you, Jack, you'll be missed.

jack layton memorial

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."

- Jack Layton

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see tributes springing up across the county.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, you inspired me to post some of our photos :) http://www.cubitsorganics.com/2011/08/waiting-for-jack-two-visits-to-see-jack.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!