14.11.11

moving next weekend

source
It seems like a long time ago that Jeff and I moved into the place we are living right now, but it wasn't. It's just that since we moved here we successfully retrieved all of the money our former landlord owed us (it only took ten months!), I finished my master's degree in landscape architecture and landed a new job and we got married. And yet, we've been in this former nun dormitory apartment with high ceilings and excellent built-in shelves and big windows for less than a year. It's been a busy year, full of ups and downs, but more on that another day.

For now, I'm just writing to share how excited we are to be moving into our new place. It's bigger and better and the tree-lined streets are going to be perfect for Lola. We have friends who live relatively close to our new place, including Lola's frenemy, Hazel, and we're excited to check out a whole new-to-us part of Vancouver. So wish us luck. I'll give you a tour of the new place (complete with real natural light!) as soon as I can! And I'll try to get the print that we've chosen for over the fireplace made soon so I can share that, too! Thanks for your advice on which one to pick. Have a great week, everyone!

P.S. You can read an interview with me on Caiti's blog, Life is a Canvas today. And there might be a little giveaway, too!

4 comments:

  1. sounds exciting! congrats on the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! A move, a new part of Vancouver to explore, tree lined streets, dog walks, natural light! I can't wait to see the new home. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Packing up to move out is such a chore...but unpacking, moving in, and decorating is so much fun!! I hope your move goes smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie: Thanks! We love it!

    Cal: Natural light!!!

    Jo: Agreed. It went well! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!