17.11.10

handmade favourites

Well, Christmas is coming and this year I'm only going to buy handmade or personally make my gifts. There are so many awesome, unique things out there and I love finding just the right thing for the special people in my life, knowing that there is no chance that someone else will get them the same thing...or that they'll expect the gift I give them!  Recently my sales on Etsy have really picked up, too. It's great, I love packaging things up and mailing them off to other cities in Canada and places all over the world. It puts a smile on my face thinking about someone really connecting with the jewelry that I make and I love putting in the extra effort to make it a special occasion when they receive their purchase in the mail. I can't help but believe that this recent uptick in sales is an indication that other people are buying handmade and local this year, too, and I love that. We should definitely be supporting creative, small businesses and this is the perfect time of year to do just that!

On that note, here are some things that I'm really loving this year. In fact, this is kind of my own personal wish list. Jeff and I are moving into a new apartment in a few weeks, and that starry cat print would be so. unbelievably. perfect. in our new foyer. I just might have to get it for us as an early Christmas present. Everything else I've had my eye on lately, too. I hope you find something you like here. What are you giving this year? Are you buying handmade?

The Persian and The Massive Stars of 30 Doradus by ZipporaLux
embroidered zodiac constellations by MiniatureRhino
Materia Prima Wooden Necklace by StudioFludd
color study locket by Verabel
P.S. It should be noted that my friend Camilla first spotted this locket and shared it with me. I'm so glad that she did!

10 comments:

  1. Love this post. I am definitely doing the handmade thing this year, give or take a couple gift cards (the men in my life like shopping for themselves!)...I can't wait to start picking everything out and making special things for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you wouldn't have shown that cat print, because now i'm going to be dreaming of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat print is messing me up. I love it so much, I think I might crack and buy it!

    Kait: You have made so many preserves lately, are you going to use them as handmade gifts, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are pretty much my holiday hero. the beautiful things you find and make! thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A domestic, long-haired, star cat welcomer in the new foyer would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are so beautiful! i especially love the embroidered constellations :)

    ps. i'm a fellow giveaway winner from lune vintage! yay us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda: you are my school/awesome outfits hero! Let's hang out soon and not talk about homework. :)

    Jeff: Yesssss.

    Katie: I love the embroidery, too, so delicate. You have a lovely blog, congrats on winning the lune vintage giveaway, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The locket is really gorgeous. Is it made of kaleidoscope glass with a cool picture underneath? Also, you're handmade goods are really amazing Sarah and you've made my Christmas shopping so much better (...and Blair's). I really do think you guys should invest in the cat picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jacqui. I think you're right about that cat print. I'm gonna do it later today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for the constellation embroidery love. i'm definitely feeling your shop! awesome...
    jessica
    miniaturerhino.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!