4.2.11

let's talk about friendship

another old photo, but a good photo
I had a post all lined up for today, but at the last minute I've changed my mind about what to write about. Let's talk about friendship for a few minutes. In fact, I want to tell you a bit about my friend Heather, an amazing woman and one of my best friends for over fifteen years now. Heather and I were really close friends in our late teens and early 20s and then we fell out of touch. I still remember the day that she walked back into my life. She came into the shop I was working at and was going on a life changing adventure. We promised each other that when she got back from her travels we'd hang out again and get reacquainted and we kept that promise. Since then our relationship has grown in leaps and bounds. She threw one of the best parties I've ever been to for her wedding (and I drunkenly threw about 400 forks on the ground by mistake), and I've watched her beautiful family grow and always feel lucky to be part of her life. When I get married this fall Heather will be standing next to me.

If you have a friend like Heather, and I'm sure you do, make sure you tell them how you feel. These are the people who will be there for you when you need them, and, in return, you will always be there when they need you. I bring up my friendship with Heather today because she is facing some unbelievable challenges in her life, and yet she still manages to be a picture of generosity and grace. When Jeff and I chose our attendants for our wedding we had in mind people who make us better people. Heather, with the strength and devotion to family and friends that she always shows, is exactly that, someone who makes me a better person. I'm so thankful for her and can't wait until the next time we find ourselves in the same city. Make sure you tell your friends you love them today!

2 comments:

  1. So so so lovely.

    I think it is one of the most underrated things: telling people how much you love and appreciate them.

    I wish I could express it so much better than I currently do.

    beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Jillian. So glad that you connected with this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!