9.5.11

this time last year


Since this blog didn't exist a year ago, I thought I'd share some of my favourite photos from a field course that I did last May. It was such a good class. We drove all over the Lower Mainland looking at amazingly different ecosystems and basically walked and picnicked for credit. Or, at least, that's how I choose to remember it. I took a lot of photos on our incredibly warm, sunny excursions and I distinctly remember riding my bike to school everyday and wearing shorts for the first time that year. Which leads me to wonder where the warm weather is right now. Shouldn't it be much nicer in May? Is this our spring? Because I'm pretty sick of rain and clouds and being cold all the time.

Of all he places that we visited on this course, I think Crescent Beach and Boundary Bay might have been my favourite. (That's where the first shot at the top of this post was taken, along with the two flower close-ups.) I liked it because it felt like a small beach-side town, not part of this sprawling Metro Vancouver metropolis, and the beach felt like a secret place, with salt marshes, rare flowers, and lots of cool birds hiding out in the area. The only I thing I didn't enjoy was the crazy length of that day, but the rough parts are easy to forget when you're looking back at photos a year later. I'm going to have to try to get back to some of these places...it's not like they're that far, I'm just kind of lazy these days. Enjoying the opportunity (short, though it is) to spend my days doing little to nothing.

6 comments:

  1. These photos are so lovely! Reminds me of school when we just chilled out in a field at lunchtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this class sounds soo cool! The pictures are pretty. Yes, enjoy your lazyness. It probably won't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sadie! I'm a new follower, I found you on the Etsy Blog Team, what a great blog you have and these photos are just beautiful!
    Stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance! www.sewsavoirfairecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - I didn't read the About Me until today so I apologize for calling you Sadie in my above comment! Reader error!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem-o, Sew...a common mistake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!