13.1.12

friday favourites

1. european country homes via design is mine
2. another unseen landscape by robsworld
4. fortress ring by dollybird

I had this themed favourites post all figured out, and then I saw #4...that amazing hand-forged sterling silver Fortress Ring by Dollybird. If you haven't already checked out this shop, you really should. I love the maker's description of this piece: that it was inspired by her memories of always wanting to be the warrior rather than the princess when she was a child. Perfect. The rest of these picks are things that are inspiring me these days. I want my house to somehow include ALL of the interiors in this post on design is mine. Weathered wood, colourful textiles, and all that natural light. I dig it. Good thing my mom is an expert quilter...we're on our way to achieving something like this, someday.

I'm also really intrigued by collaborative photo projects. As in, you shoot a roll of film, send it to a friend, and they shoot over your pictures. You see what happens. #2 is a collaborative photo from robsworld's photostream. Through the camera twice on opposite sides of the ocean.

And #3: I'm reading this right now. It's early going but I read this collection pretty much every year and it's consistently among my favourite books of the year. So far the profile of M.I.A. is one of the highlights of the 2011 edition. If you aren't familiar with this collection, it's a really good combination of the best fiction and non-fiction writing each year from American publications. There's something in it for everyone and you're bound to discover a new writer that you love. It was this series that introduced me to Nick Flynn, one of my favourite writers these days. Trust me.


I also really want to share this beautiful video with you that uses light painting to make WiFi networks visible. The idea of making immaterial parts of our life visible is beautiful in itself and the execution of this particular project is particularly stunning. Enjoy and happy weekend!


Immaterials by Timo

9 comments:

  1. This video is awesome! Thank you for sharing... I sent it to my boyfriend- he is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's totally amazing, I think.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too. And I just can't quite recreate it in my late 70s garden suite. Stucco fireplace... :(

      Delete
  3. I loved all your links! That project (#2) sounds amazing! The video is really beautiful too!

    Thanks for sharing!

    --Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how she described the inspiration for that ring! Thanks for sharing :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!