15.3.11

five favourites on a tuesday: for japan

As you guys know, I've mentioned the need to do something to help people in need in times like this. The more I listen to the news, the more troubled I feel about my inability to help in a big way. So, I've decided to make sure that I'm helping in a small way.

For the rest of March 30% of Sadie sales will be donated to the Red Cross to assist with relief in Japan. Although I try to keep things light on my blog, I find it impossible to not talk about something of this scale, so I'm also providing a little round-up of beautiful things from other independent sellers who are doing something similar. I hope you find something among these objects that you like and that you'll help the handmade community with its collective effort to contribute to the relief effort underway in Japan. Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Japanese sulfur spa soap by Morning Calm
spring memory by Abby Trys Again
handsome buck cross stitch kit by LoveForJapan
dainty bow by amarilo
chevron forest pendant by OhMyAmpersand

5 comments:

  1. this is such a great idea! and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah, that's great that you're donating some of your sales! i just can't even imagine what it's like for all of the people in japan right now not knowing where loved ones are, and not having a home to go back to. it really does break my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so pretty! I love cross stitch!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picks! Thank you for sharing them. from Morning Calm :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!