10.8.11

apartamento





Apartamento is amazing. I've been pouring over the latest issue since I got it last week. It's completely packed with interior design, fashion, fabrics, jewelry, furniture, and especially photography inspiration. That light-blasted photo of the woman on the couch with her cat? It's pretty much the best photo that I have seen in a long time and makes me want to take some new photos right now. This magazine makes me want to redecorate my apartment, go vintage shopping in New York, cook an amazing dinner over an open fire, and live in a rural  part of Portugal with three cats and three dogs.

But it's not just the pictures that I'm hooked on. This issue is full of profiles on designers, creative homeowners, and even a pull-out section on studio style (including a family that weaves its own textile line) and a food zine called called "tutti frutti". My favourite interviews are the ones with older artists who can illuminate things like Italian furniture design in the '80s and legendary Sunday suppers in London. I love it and it's available here or if you live in Vancouver you can find it at the UBC Bookstore, Old Faithful in Gastown, or at the Inventory shop, which I have never even heard of and will have to check out now. Now to redecorate...after work, of course.

Oh yes, and I have a guest post at There & Here today. Take a look!

11 comments:

  1. I've never heard of it either! I will have to find a copy and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! It looks interesting & inspiring!!! I want a copy as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love interior magazines - this one looks super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of it! But I like magazines that cover more than just one "genre" of pretty things, so maybe I should track it down.

    Also, your engagement ring is cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, I hope you can track down a copy. Though it costs as much as a book it is so worth it. I know I'm going to end up reading it from cover to cover.

    Another Diamond Day, good luck finding a copy!

    SisterBatik, this one is definitely unique. I like it because it isn't about perfect homes, but rather about creative homes and the people who live in them. It's so inspiring I can barely handle it.

    Paige, exactly! They're redefining "pretty" spaces. Eclectic, crazy, simple, refined, it's all in here, so there is something for everyone. And thanks for noticing my ring! I think you've inspired me to do a post about our engagement story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why have I never heard of this magazine before?! I might have to start setting some money aside to buy a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Sarah, i feel ya girl! whenever i get the latest edition of a favorite mag it's like the heavens open up and a chorus starts to sing. love the whole experience, right down to the way the papers scent wafts up to let me know it's brand new. UBC Bookstore has such a great array of unusual mags, thanks for the tip off about this one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brandi: I think it's pretty new, but this one is issue 7. I hope you get a copy!

    Lynn: Yay! Good to hear from you! UBC bookstore is surprisingly good! They have stuff that no where else in the city does! I hope you can find an issue of Apartamento!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great read!

    I'm a new follower (and fellow Canadian) from the Etsy Blog Team. Pleased to make your e-acquaintance! In case you'd like to check it out, my vintage blog is here: http://pillowsophi.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted an issue! I've seen it here and there online but I really think I will look into getting one now! The thing I love about it is the amazing designs and inspirations that come out of it! I've only seen couple of pages but I NEED it in my life! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have such different preferences and sensibilities for some things and I find it really refreshing & always enjoy seeing what's sparking your interest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers! I will do my best to respond to you in this comment area!