If you were at our wedding a week ago, then you might have already heard some of these amazing tunes. Some were chosen by our guests, some by us. A couple weren't played, but I wish they were. The first song is an Elvis remix that Jeff and I stumbled upon. We like it because it's totally weird and has a great feel and also because it's not too long and is a bit unexpected as a first dance song. We thank this song for saving us from a bit of the embarrassment that is the first dance at a wedding. If our guests weren't clapping they would have heard Elvis's comment at the end that absolved us from all sappiness thereafter. Now you can listen to the whole thing in the comfort of your home and hear the little gem at the end that convinced us this was the song for us.
Our wedding dance party went from the first dance right into inviting everyone on the dance floor with James Brown. What else says it's time for fun and craziness better than James Brown? The rest of the songs are pretty self-explanatory, some slow dances, some that are always a good time, and a last song of the night that really summed it up for all of us (I think, I hope...). I loved watching our guests point at each other ("I owe it all to you!!!"), slow dance, and attempt Dirty Dancing lifts to this last song. And, yes, that Weird Al song did get played. What a love fest. Glad to have shared it with so many of our favourite people. Enjoy!
1. Crying in the Chapel - Elvis meets The Wailers
2. Out of Sight - James Brown
3. Do You Wanna Dance - The Beach Boys
4. Let's Have a Party - Wanda Jackson
5. Love and Happiness - Al Green
6. Shout - The Isley Brothers
7. Unknown Legend - Neil Young
8. Stand By Me - John Lennon
9. Dreams Come True Girl - Cass McCombs
10. Nighttiming - Coconut Records
11. Downtown - Destroyer
12. Let's Dance - David Bowie
13. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
14. Eat It - Weird Al Yankovic
15. Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z
16. Man Down - Rihanna
17. Single Ladies - Beyonce
18. Ignition (Remix) - R. Kelly
19. (I've Had) The Time of My Life - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
Listen to the last mix Endless Canadian Summer.